Monday 9 April 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

After hearing lots of positive things about Liz Earle and getting some Superbalm for Christmas, I decided to give the famous Cleanse and Polish a go.  My skin was also really playing up, with my forehead being my main concern, one day would be dry and flaky and the next greasy, I also had red hard pimples at the centre of my forehead. 


I have now been using for just under a month along side the Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer and Skin Repair Moisturiser (Normal/Combination) which I will review separately.  I must admit that I have not used the cleanser twice every day but have used most mornings and when I can be bothered in the evening.

The product is different then anything I have ever used before, you massage one or two pumps onto dry skin and then rinse and wring the muslin cloth wiping off the product.

I really like the consistency I was expecting the product to lather (although thinking about it now it obviously wouldn't as you are using on dry skin)  The smell is also lovely which makes massaging onto the skin more enjoyable. 


I absolutely love the muslin cloth I bought the 100ml starter kit from my local John Lewis which included two cloths and a zip up bag for £14.25 http://www.johnlewis.com/147598/Product.aspx although I know you can also purchase from Liz Earle or QVC also.   The reason I loved them so much is that they gently exfoliate your skin and you can remove all of the product easily.


TIP - I did see on QVC that you should not use fabric conditioner when washing the cloths and make sure that you wash regularly.  I made sure that I rinsed with very hot water with each use and hung on my clothes horse to dry as well.

The cleanser was amazing at removing makeup, usually on a night out I would end up using loads of cleansing wipes and wake up with mascara round my eyes.  With this however I used one and a half pumps and made sure I gently massaged over my eyes last.  The cloth ended up filthy and my skin didn't feel like it had been scrubbed within an inch of its life.  I did use a cleansing wipe after my first night out as I couldn't believe that it had removed all my mascara but it had!

Overall my skin is noticeably softer after using and my forehead is no longer flaky or oily.  Its powers of removing even heavy eye make up is amazing and I will definitely be re purchasing and would recommend to any one.

No comments:

Post a Comment