Saturday 29 March 2014

Birchbox March 2014

March saw Birchbox collaborate with Lulu Guinness. I must admit to not being all that fussed with these collaborations, to me I am more excited by what products I get.

So here is what I got

Korres Citrus Body Milk Korres is a brand which receives a lot of hype but one that I don't see very often in the shops. I have never tried anything from the brand so looking forward to trying this out. If it's smell is anything to go by I have high hopes as it's gorgeous. The full size is available from birchbox.co.uk for £9.50.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner which is a brand and a product I have never heard of. It claims to 'minimise pores and absorb excess oil' which are two things that I could do with at the moment. I really love my Laura Mercier Primer and will be interested to see how this compares. 30ml will set you back £39 from birchbox.co.uk.

Benefit Stay Don't Stray which I have actually used in the past. For me this didn't do much but as I have said several times I have incredibly oily eye lids so I ended up giving this away. I am interested to try this again as it may work better under the eye which I didn't try before. You can pick the full size up from feelunique.com for £20.50.

Molton Brown Rhubard & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream which I should be excited to try but instead I just feel like the sample is hardly worth having. I mean it's not that much bigger then the fragrance sample. I will still obviously try but guessing I am not going to get many applications out of it. This is available from houseoffraser.co.uk for £10 for 40ml.

English Laundry No. 7 For Her which is another brand I have never heard of. On first sniff this isn't a scent I am drawn to but these samples are always handy for travel aren't they. The full size is available from birchbox.co.uk for £47.00

Candy Rock which I can't say I am all that bothered about, another edible 'lifestyle' extra. I would rather have a larger Molton Brown sample then this stick of rock. 

Overall I think this might be my least favourite box so far, I only have two left after this on my gift subscription and this hasn't inspired me to renew.  Although two of the products I am excited to try the others I just think are a let down. I can't get that excited about a fragrance sample after all they are the easiest product to test, and the Molton Brown is just so tiny.

What are your thoughts on what I got - am I right to be disappointed?

No comments:

Post a Comment