Sunday 11 November 2012

Magazine Madness - December 2012

I know I always apologise for these posts being late but this month the reason was not due to laziness (for once) I had seen via makeupsavvy.co.uk that Glamour were giving away four Nails Inc polishes with their December issue.  I already had two of the colours in my stash, St James and Elizabeth Street, but as soon as the magazine hit the shops I raided the shelves looking for the other two shades, Motcomb Street and Glamour Glitter.  I found Motcomb Street with no problem but couldn't find Glamour Glitter anywhere.  I searched all my local supermarkets and newsagents practically daily.  In the end my friend got this for me in her local Asda.  Has anyone else had any problems getting a certain free gift this month.

Anyway back onto this months freebies, I picked up two copies of Glamour and a Marie Claire.  Marie Claire had two Jemma Kidd products available a mascara which I got and a primer.  I have quite a few primers kicking around so decided to leave that one.
I will start with the most troublesome product Glamour Glitter I do love glitter polishes but hate removing them.  I have Chelsea Embankment which is a gorgeous full coverage gold glitter but Glamour Glitter appears to be more of a topcoat which is more versatile and easier to get off (hopefully)
The second polish I got with Glamour is Motcomb Street which a dark navy I think that this will look amazing with the Glamour Glitter over the top for a night out or on its own for daytime/work.  I can't believe I didn't have this colour as I love navy polishes, as they look great with a pair of jeans.

The other two polishes available free with Glamour I already had them so thought I would show you guys.
Elizabeth Street is a pinky cream nude perhaps more of a spring/summer shade or for those that like a more subtle polish.
St James is a classic red I think that over the festive period I might wear with Glitter Glamour.

I would strongly suggest that everyone goes and gets all four polishes as £8 for four is an absolutely bargain.
The free gift I got with Marie Claire was the Jemma Kidd I-Define Volumising Mascara.  This is a full size 10ml freebie which I think is very generous.  I have yet to try anything from Jemma Kidd the only other product I have is the eye liner I got with Elle in their September issue.

Has anyone tried the Jemma Kidd mascara? 

No comments:

Post a Comment