Sunday 30 December 2012

Sample Sunday - Dr. Jart+ Regenerating Beauty Balm

I requested a sample of the Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm from their facebook page, unfortunately they no longer have any samples available.  I have never tried any BB creams before as to be honest didn't really see the point. I am not a massive fan of tinted moisturiser and thought they were just a hyped up tinted moisturisers.  I had read quite a few blog posts on the Dr. Jart+ versions and then heard that they were giving away samples so thought why not request one and give it ago. I was sent three of the Regenerating samples.
I was surprised at how thick the product was and thought that it would feel heavy on my skin.  Although the product says its moisturises  primes and conceals I did put on some moisturiser first as my skin has been very dry this winter.  I was really impressed with the coverage as I have a lot of redness which was pretty much gone with one application.  I still required concealer on my chin which has had a few breakouts recently and around my eyes but I was very impressed.  If I use tinted moisturiser I usually have to use so much concealer to achieve what this did in one layer.
I was dubious about the claim that it self-adjusts for a flawless coverage however with a bit of buffing it really did match my skin tone. The staying power of this is also very impressive even with a cold I went 8-9 hours without needing a touch up, and on my forehead which I usually need to use a primer on, as it is my problem error, looked better then it has for ages, smooth with no dry skin.

Overall I am very impressed with this product and am debating buying, I also have a sample of the Rimmel BB Cream which I want to try before heading to the shops.

You can pick this up at  boots.com for £21 for 50ml

No comments:

Post a Comment