Wednesday 12 June 2013

April & May Empties

Firstly apologies for the lack of posts, I have had an exam which has meant I haven't had any spare time. Now that I have my life back I will be able to dedicate more time to blogging.

So what have I used up?

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser after being recommended this by Mez from mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk I decided to give it a try, and lets just say its love. I honestly could go on and on about how much I love this. I even prefer this over my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which was my holy grail cleanser before discovering this. This is bigger, cheaper and ultimately and most importantly I think my skin prefers this. I will definitely be getting more of this and would recommend to anyone with normal to dry skin. You can read my full post here.

L'Occitane Ultra Rich Shower Cream I have had this for ages, I got this as part of a set when I went to Bicester Outlet Village before I started blogging. This does say that this can be used on your hair but personally I think this is much too thick and heavy to be put on my fine hair. It contains 5% Shea butter and is very moisturising but the scent could be more luxurious in my opinion. I have got a larger version of this so I don't need to repurchase.  You can buy a set similar to the one I got from feelunique.com.

Treacle Moon Warm Cinnamon Nights Bath and Shower Gel another shower gel and my oh my did I love this. I love the smell so much that I am considering keeping the empty bottle just to sniff occasionally. As I said in my full post which you can read here. This isn't as luxurious and moisturising as premium brands but it is a fraction of the price, that isn't to say that this is drying or bad quality it just isn't Molton Brown. This was a limited edition version and I haven't seen it in my local Tesco's for a few months but I will definitely be trying out some of their other scents.

Sanctuary Foaming Bath Soak when I am stressed out there is nothing better then a nice hot bath with a good book or a magazine, and this is a favourite of mine. I love the scent of the Sanctuary products as I find it calming and comforting. This also creates a lot of bubbles and leaves skin soft. I have a few of these travel sizes and a larger 250ml so don't need to repurchase but am sure I will again and again. I have written a full post which you can read here.

Oral-B 123 Toothpaste a bit random and I don't usually include toothpaste, but I have really loved using this. I don't have the worlds whitest teeth naturally but do think they are looking better thanks to this. Its also nice and refreshing and leaves your teeth feeling clean. You can get this at all the normal places and think it costs around £1.25.

Lancome Hypnose Star I got this free with Tatler magazine in their September issue and due to the size had been saving for nights out, but think it is time to throw this out. I really liked this mascara and its unusual wand but can't see me repurchasing. I just think £21 for a mascara is bit steep.  I did a full post which you can read here.

Sure Aloe Vera Sensitive Anti-Perspirant I know this is only a deodorant but I love this stuff. I hate all the really synthetic smells a lot of deodorants have. This is just fresh and barely noticeable  The only niggle is the white marks, this doesn't claim not to leave white marks but they are pretty bad, guess I will just have to stop wearing so much black.

TRESemme Heat Defence Spray a bog standard edition to my empties but I use this practically daily, how effective these sprays are I don't know but I wouldn't dream of not heat protecting my hair.  I love that this isn't sticky and doesn't make my hair look greasy.

Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner my love for Philip Kingsley is well known, I won't use any other shampoo but conditioner I am not so fussy with.  I have had this ages as if I put too much conditioner on my hair just looks lank and greasy. It kills me to say this but I don't think that this didn't anything for my hair. When I bought this my hair was in a short bob and I don't think this gave my hair any extra body, later my hair was a good three inches below my collar bone and I just don't think that this was conditioning enough for my ends. I wouldn't repurchase this again but might try another of his conditioners.  You can buy this from feelunique.com

No7 Cleansing Body Polish I love daily body polishes as love that just scrubbed feeling and this has been one of my favourite so far. It is gentle enough to use daily but still feel like you have got rid of all the dead skin cells. There a couple of cons one is the smell, it really reminds me of baby wash and the second is the price. I am just not willing to pay £9.50 for this. I have written a full review here. If anyone has any cheaper alternatives please let me know.

So that is what I have been using up, I have also done a bit of shopping too so should be posting a couple of hauls soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment