Sunday 10 March 2013

What I Got For My Birthday

I love being nosey and seeing what people got as gifts so thought I would share what I got for my recent birthday. I apologise for the quality of the photo's I am really struggling with the lighting, roll on summer.
The first gift I opened was a set of Liz Earle Skin Tonics, I did ask for this as since using up my old No7 toner I realised just how much I missed this stuff. I did a post on this here and really can't see myself being without it now. I think that this is a product that you don't realise how good it is until you stop using.
Next up I got the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual after seeing this in a video on viviannadoesmakeup.com I have only flicked through at the moment but can't wait to read properly.
My older sister got me this lovely set of beauty products, I have never tried any of them before, so cant wait to give them a go. Included was Neal & Wolf Daily Cleansing Shampoo, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, Big Sexy Hair Powder Play and This Works Deep Sleep Dream Cream. I am a bit dubious about the shampoo as I only use Philip Kingsley due to my scalp but will give this a go. I cannot wait to try out the deep sleep dream cream as know Anna loves this range.
Talking of Anna I also got Blog Inc by Joy Deangdeelert Cho which appeared in the same video as the Makeup Manual. I am looking forward to picking up some tips on making my little blog better.
The only nail related gift was Mint Candy Apple by Essie which my mum must have heard me bang on about since last summer. I have never tried any Essie polish as to be honest don't know what will happen if I fall in love with them. I have a serious nail polish problem I have over 100 Nails Inc polishes and don't think my bank balance will take me falling in love with another brand.
Everyone who knows me know how much I love products so received this gorgeous Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Kit from my boyfriends sister and husband. Again this is a brand I have never tried but have heard good things. Included is Hand Salve, Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream, Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, Coconut Foot Cream, Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Cream and Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegrante Oil.
I was lucky enough to get two pieces from Chanel, my absolute favourite brand, my boyfriend got me 100ml of my favourite fragrance Coco Mademosielle and just look at how beautifully it was wrapped
I knew what was inside so at the moment it is staying in its wrapping paper until I have used my old one up.
I also got this lovely Chanel compact mirror. I have been after a nice compact for ages after buying a gorgeous Vera Wang one in Oxford last year however I returned the next day as it was silver plated and the hinges on closer inspection were all chipped.
I got some Boots vouchers from my work colleagues so treated myself to some Real Techniques brushes I got the setting brush and the core collection as seriously want to try out the buffing brush.
The last beauty related gift I got was the Small Wonders set by Soap & Glory including travel sized Scrub Of Your Life, Clean On Me, The Righteous Butter, Hand Food and a shower puff. I love Soap & Glory and travel sized products always come in useful
The last item I wanted to share is this gorgeous gold studded bag from Warehouse, it has a detachable strap so can be worn across the body or as a clutch. I think it is absolutely perfect for a night out.

I was very lucky this year and also got some money so you may see some hauls coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday:), you got such lovely gifts. I love the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, I've learned so many amazing tips from it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it, just got to find the time now

      Delete