Saturday 11 May 2013

Pay Day Haul May

After the stress of last month I decided the best way to cheer myself was to have a little splurge, admittedly I did need a couple of things, mainly a cleanser and some jeans but I may have treated myself to a few other things tut tut. I will start with one of the items I needed.
I have been wanting to pick up the nspa Hot Cloth Polish since I saw it feature in one of Ruth Crilly's YouTube videos ( I can't find the original post but she has since mentioned in her New Budget Beauty Finds video which you can view here) I have high hopes for this cleanser and I am very interested to see how it fairs against not only the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which I have reviewed here but also my current favourite drugstore version from Superdrug which I posted about here. It is available from asda.com for £7 or most of the range is on two for £8.
Due to the offer the second product I picked up was their Skin Renewal Gel, I haven't seen anything about this product, but am intrigued to try a chemical exfoliator as opposed to a manual one. I do love giving my skin a good old scrub so will be interested to see how I get on with this. Again this can be bought from asda.com
Whilst I was in Asda I saw this gorgeous quilted bag in cream. The strap is adjustable so can be worn across your body or just on your shoulder. I knew I had to have it as I am planning on going to Royal Ascot this year and think this will go with whatever I plan to wear and also the perfect size to fit all your essentials. You can pick this up from asda.com for £7.00 it also available in black.
Another need was some new jeans. I am lucky to be able to wear whatever I want to work so live in jeans and really wanted a lighter wash for spring summer. After declaring my love for Warehouse denim in my Autumn Haul my black ultra skinny jeans really let me down. They faded and stretched really quickly. They no longer sell the ultra skinny jeans which is annoying as I love my indigo pair. After browsing online they do sell Superfit Skinny which apparently are made from 'premium' denim meaning that they will last longer however they are £8 more. Anyway back onto what I actually bought I got the Super Skinny jeans. There is a lot more give in them then the Ultra Skinny so expecting them to lose their shape pretty darn quick, if only I saw the other ones in store. Anyway I will see how well they last and let you know.  They are £40 from warehouse.co.uk
I had a a voucher for Topshop so decided to see what jeans they had, as I think another reason the last pair didn't last as long is due to their constant use. I bought a pair of Leigh Supersoft Ankle Grazers. They are incredibly soft and like the length for this time of year as will look great with some gladiator sandals. They were two pounds cheaper and I am interested to see which pair lasts longer. I think these are the wash I got although there are several different washes available.
As my Topshop voucher was £40 I picked up this gorgeous bracelet in the sale for £3.50. Unfortunately I can't find on their website but I also saw it in white. I picked up the nude colour as I think it will go with more things.  I rarely wear bracelets as they tend to irritate me but thought that this would look great on a night out.
Now onto the really naughty makeup treats. After seeing Sam apply the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot in this video I knew I had to try it. Well I was amazed after it was applied in the store, honestly my dark circles are a nightmare, no matter how much sleep I get or cream I apply they don't budge. The difference with this was so noticeable so I had to buy it. I got mine from Jarrold & Son in Norwich which unfortunately you can't buy online from but this is available from Johnlewis.com for £29.00.
I was only going to buy the concealer but Jarrold's had a free gift with purchase of 30ml of the Foundation Primer with two or more purchases so I had to find another product to get the free gift. I have heard so much about their primers that it was an offer I couldn't resist. I am not sure whether it was only Jarrold's doing this as I can't find any other stockists but you can buy this from johnlewis.com for £18.50.
The other product I bought to get the free gift was the Tinted Moisturiser, which is another product I have read great things about. I am hoping that this will be a million times better then the last tinted moisturiser I had which was You Rebel Lite by Benefit which kind of put me off tinted moisturisers. I was shocked to find this is more expensive then my beloved Chanel foundation (which I will write a post about one day) for less product fingers crossed its worth it. You can get this from johnlewis.com for £33.00.

Has anyone tried any of the Laura Mercier products - are they worth the price tag? And which are the best jeans on the high street?

No comments:

Post a Comment