Sunday 26 May 2013

Review - MUA Pro- Base Eye Primer

It is well documented that I have incredibly oily eye lids, I don't know why and I haven't found anything that stops it, so primer is a must. I had previously only tried higher end products so after hearing good things about the MUA one decided to give it ago. 

It claims to help you 'achieve vibrant crease-free colour that lasts' oh how I wish this was true. I really didn't get on with this at all. I have read so many good reviews that to be honest the first time I thought I must have done something wrong. I always put my eye primer on then do my base to let it dry and then apply shadow, this had actually creased before I even applied my eye makeup. I then tried applying my eye shadow straight away and this didn't work either.

Not one to give up I thought I would try with my Maybelline Color Tattoo and well the results of that little test were pretty grim, my boyfriend said after about 4 hours 'is that stuff meant to melt off your eyes' and he didn't notice when I had about 4 inches off my hair. The color tattoos actually last better without this.

I really wish that this had worked as it's so cheap and so many other bloggers seem to love it but I think my lids are just too oily for this. 

It is available from superdrug.com for £2.50

Has anyone got any recommendations for a drug store eye primer?

No comments:

Post a Comment