Monday 5 August 2013

July Empties

Last month I felt like I used up a lot of products, so lets get right into what I used up.

Sanctuary Body Wash I love this stuff my only complaint is that I seemed to get through it rather quickly. It smells heavenly with the Sanctuary signature scent and is leaves the skin feeling beautiful. I would definitely buy this again and recommend to anyone who suffers with dry skin. I have written a full review which you can read here.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Solution I have wanted to try Bioderma for some time, but what with it being hard to get hold of and lets face it expensive, I have never taken the plunge. Instead I decided to try the L'Oreal version, and I am impressed. First up it has removed everything I have worn easily, secondly it doesn't leave any residue on my skin and thirdly I love the bottle. I know that is a random thing to love about a product, but I think more products should be rectangular. I am planning to write a full post as well as a comparison with the other Micellar water I have, so keeps your eyes peeled for them.

Soap & Glory Girligo Spray-On Body Moisturising Mist these seem to breed in my cupboards, I don't ever remember buying them, but yet somehow I have ended up with loads. This has the gorgeous Soap & Glory fragrance and is really good for a night out. Not only does it moisturise but also helps you smell divine. I don't need to buy anymore as still have at least one stashed away but if you love the original Soap & Glory scent I would recommend this. It is available from boots.com for £6.50 for 250ml (mine was only 100ml)

Molton Brown Energising Seamoss Bath & Shower I received this as part of a gift ages ago, and to be honest this was my least favourite scent in the set. I would say that this is the most masculine scent, although most definitely still unisex. This scent aside Molton Brown do make lovely bath/shower gels, you hardly need any and they lather up beautifully, meaning that they last ages. They also work well as both a bubble bath and a shower gel, unlike a lot of cheaper alternatives. I wouldn't probably buy myself any Molton Brown but do buy my boyfriend the Re-Charge Black Pepper Bodywash as a gift, as I know he loves it. My personal favourite is the Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer which I just adore. 

Clinique Repairwear Lift SPF 15 which was my last post which you can read here. Fortunately for me this seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet. I really didn't like this product as not only did I not feel it did anything but it also smelt awful. It really smelt like damp, so not sure why I felt I had to finish but I hate throwing things out.

Sure Aloe Vera Sensitive Anti-Persirant which seems to crop up in most empties, still love the fact that this has no real smell, still not loving the white marks but overall happy with it. I am not sure whether these compressed versions actually last as long as the bigger size, but if they are cheaper I pick them up.

Ed Hardy Original Woman EDP this was a Christmas gift years ago which although I don't dislike, didn't fall in love with. I really want to get through all my scents that I am not that keen on and try and have a smaller collection of fragrances I love. On the subject of fragrances I love, would it be weird for me to wear Bleu de Chanel? I honestly love that scent and could sniff it all day, but my boyfriend thinks I am crazy. Anyway back to the Ed Hardy this is a fruity floral which I just feel is a bit meh. It isn't overpowering or offensive, but isn't a scent that really excites me either. 

nspa Hot Cloth Polish I got this after it featured on amodelrecommends.com as a good budget alternative to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish, which at one time was my Holy Grail cleanser. This is a good budget version in my opinion too, it isn't exactly the same but very similar. I do still perfer Liz Earle's but would recommend this to anyone with normal to oily skin, if you have dry or dehydrated skin I would recommend the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser which I reviewed here over both. I will write a full review on this, I did plan to I just ran out of time.

Philip Kingsley Scalp Toner not a very glamorous product but one I know I should really use. I have mentioned on here several times that I have always had a problematic scalp. My scalp has never been completely clear and I hoped that this would help. To be fair to this product I have never used consistently. If there is one thing that I have learnt from my skincare, it is that you need to use products regularly and to give them a chance to work. I just found that if I was in a rush that this was an easy step to skip. I have decided that I need to pay my scalp and hair more attention. Instead of just shampoo, conditioner and a heat protection I need a proper routine. I might do a series of posts on the subject as have a number of concerns but basically at the moment I am at a lose. What I really need is a Caroline Hirons for haircare. If anyone knows of anyone please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment