Wednesday 7 August 2013

Nails - Essie Naughty Nautical

After I past my last exam I decided to treat myself and bought the Summer 2013 Mini collection. I had been thinking about getting it for a while but I am meant to be trying to stream line my collection not add to it. That said after trying this bad boy I do not regret my decision, well maybe a little as now I want more Essie.

I was dubious about the brush as this is much wider then I am used to. However it is so much easier to get a neat manicure with a wider brush. I think I now prefer wider brushes, it is a shame that 99% of my collection don't have them.

This also applies like a dream, even and practically opaque in one coat, I did use two. I have found the Nails Inc polishes to be a bit hit and miss recently, but this was amazing and dried really fast too, with no bubbles. The wear was also good I think I wore for a good 5-6 days with minimal wear.

Now onto the colour this is a perfect for the summer its a teal green with a hint of shimmer. The shimmer does show up better in the bottle then it does on the nails but it is still noticeable. It can also be removed easily as it's not huge chunks of glitter in there.

I am so impressed with Essie the quality is just as good as Nails Inc, perhaps in some instances better yet cheaper. I am slightly concerned that with these being limited edition I might use up the mini and might not be able to replace.

You can buy either the mini set which included this plus two other shades for £9.99 from boots.com or the full size for £7.99 here


What are your favourite Essie colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment