Friday 1 February 2013

January Empties

At the beginning of the month I always worry that I'm not going to finish anything, but this month I seemed to have got through rather a lot of products, so lets get started

No7 Sumptuous Bath Soak as I said in my review post I wasn't really that impressed with this product considering the price, it was ok but think that Avon Bubble Bath is roughly the same quality for a fraction of the price.  The scent was also a bit of a let down as I think it smells like baby wash and prefer something more indulgent for a bath time treat.  I will not definitely not be repurchasing.

The Body Shop Divide & Multiply Mascara  isn't technically empty but has dried up and has been open for 6 months so think it is time to say good bye. I did really like this mascara and wore mostly for work as not too dramatic just enhanced your lashes and was really easy to apply to my bottom lashes. I would repurchase this but at the moment think I have a couple of unopened mascaras in my stash so will use them before hitting the shops.

Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream has lasted a lot longer then the other Nivea Hand Cream I bought at the same time - post here. But I think that the reason is that I enjoy my new job a lot more then my last one so only using when needed instead of god knows how many times during the day. I did prefer the Express Hydration version for work as it absorbs quickly but would definitely purchase both again as such bargains.

Nails Inc Kensington Hand Lotion if you hadn't guessed its been freezing here in the UK in January and my poor hands have been feeling the effect so I finally used up this gorgeous little hand cream.  It smells amazing and has made my poor little hands feel smoother but not sure about younger. I wish I could justify the £15 price tag for a 100ml replacement but I just can't plus I think I found something equally as lovely for a much more purse friendly price - post coming soon.

La Source Hand Recovery Scrub sorry another hand product but what can I say maybe I should buy a pair of gloves (although I have tiny thumbs so can't ever find a pair that fits) this was given to me from my sister with some of their other hand products and at first I wasn't overly that grateful until I tried this product. I love scrubbing my skin and had always just used body scrub on my hands but not after trying this. It is much gentler on your skin and is also very moisturising. I like to use this after I have taken off my nail polish as makes my hands feel really clean and smooth.  I would repurchase this but at the moment using a No7 version and heard that Rituals do an amazing hand scrub.  You can buy this one from crabtree-evelyn.co.uk

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector although I only had a small 7ml sample size I do think that I noticed a difference in the texture of my skin whilst using this although not noticed a visual reduction in my lines. I was really torn between buying 30ml of this or Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair but decided to give that a try and will be reporting back in about 6 weeks when the sales lady said I should be able to see a difference.  If the ANR doesn't work will definitely give the full size of this ago.

No7 Advanced Hydration Day Cream I have had this for quite some time and glad to have finally used up as this has been open for quiet awhile.  I stopped using this when I got my Liz Earle moisturiser I do like that this one has SPF in as its one less thing to worry about.  I do find that my forehead can get a little oily after using this but my nemesis has been playing up recently.  This isn't available any more but have got some more No7 moisturisers to try out which I bought in the sales.

Nivea Facial Cleansing Wipes which I am trying not to use any more as I know that they are not as effective as a good old clean with a cleanser, flannel and water but sometimes I am lazy. This a pretty bog standard think I may have said all I can say on wipes in last months empties - not to self stop using or at least stop using a pack a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment